A GOOD BUSINESS IS THE SUM OF ITS PARTS….OUR FIRST CUSTOMERS ARE OUR STAFF AND TEAM MEMBERS.
©Irene Becker www.justcoachit.com
The most effective members of a team are those individuals who can accept both their strengths and weaknesses. When we can get a clear optic of where we excel and where there is need for improvement we are ready to develop proactive success strategies. A person’s behavior is an integral part of who they are and what they contribute to the team. Whether or behavior is inherent or learned, it reflects on our ability to lead by example and to engage our colleagues and our staff. How we act, our observable behavior will set the course for communication and relationship building or difficulty with our team and colleagues.
To get a really good look at how you behave it is worthwhile to ask yourself the following questions and they ask the same ones to fellow team members so that you can have feedback and food for thought:
• How do I respond to problems and challenges?
• How do I influence others to my point of view?
• How do I respond to the pace of my work environment?
• How do I respond to the rules and procedures set by others?
QUALITIES OF A GOOD TEAM
• Consistency of task performance.
• Using a disciplined approach.
• Critical appraisal of data.
• Agreement and engagement in the goals and objectives of the team.
• Great communication and rapport
• Calculation of risks before taking action.
• Encouraging questions and honest feedback.
• Exhibiting patience and good listening skills.
• Adherence to established guidelines and procedures.
• Establishing a quality oriented work model
• Using carefrontation and not confrontation.
QUALITIES OF A GOOD TEAM PLAYER
• Good at reconciling factions
• Accurate and intuitive.
• Conscientious and steady.
• Dependable team player.
• Proficient and skilled in his/her work.
• Always concerned about quality work. and the ongoing development of communication and rapport.
TEAM EFFECTIVENESS Strengths
• STRENGTH – Dedication to the goals and objectives of the team.
• STRENGTH – Leadership.
• STRENGTH – Good listener who remains calm during conflict
• STRENGTH – Stable and persistent.
• STRENGTH – Loyal and patient.
• STRENGTH – Task and people oriented.
GREAT TEAMS ARE MADE UP OF LEADERS!
Effective leadership is about creating an ethical work environment, putting the common good first. Learn how to link your own vision for success, build a shared purpose, and a sense of ownership for your course of action. You will be able to create a work environment that motivates others to work harder with even greater commitment.
TALENT RETENTION IS KEY
Money and perks bring employees through the front door, but a poor work environment makes them run out the back door. Develop a high retention culture. Help members of your team and your staff reach elevated levels of productivity that lead to greater job satisfaction, motivation, and fun at work.
SUCCESS STARTS WITH BECOMING A CHANGE AGENT
Success will be largely determined by your ability to eliminate status quo, manage change, and stay innovative.
CREATE AN ENERGIZING WORK ENVIRONMENT
Learn what it takes to get high performance from your fellow team members and staff. Find ways to communicate praise for achievement and new ideas on an ongoing basis. Make your place the best place to work and let this energy spread from the staff to your clients!
©Irene Becker www.justcoachit.com