Are YOU leaving business on the table?
Bonus 4 additional links at the end of this post
Business Back to Basics for Service Professionals, Coaches & Consultants & Those in Professional Practice
The ABC’s of Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
A: Why do you need a CRM system?
There are many reasons, of which determining if there is business left on the table is one. Developing a system that helps you manage and build customer relationships is important, because it will help you:
- Maintain and develop client relationship-get important information about client’s wants/needs and changes in wants/needs (understanding YOUR client)
- Get Referrals
- Cross sell or Upsell when what you are selling will provide value to the client
B: How will having a CRM system help?
How can you find business that is left on the table? By developing a great CRM/customer relationship management system that helps YOU::
- Document interaction, points of contact (verbal, virtual, written) so you can build and maintain the relationship. Points of contact that tell you about the current and the changing needs/wants of your client.
- Maintain regular contact that is not intrusive, but builds the relationship- Personal contact or a personal touch to verbal and/or written communication
- Update your clients on new products, services and offerings, and also keep in touch with their ongoing needs and wants
C: When do you need to develop a CRM system?
NOW, every customer is an onbudsman for your business and brand. They are more than a purchaser of products and services they are YOUR brand ambassador.
- Understand what thriving enterprise/big business knows, the client is king or queen! You need to keep your fingers on the pulse of WHO your client is, WHAT they want and HOW you can deliver it to them in a way that creates value for them, and builds your marketing footprint, your brand and your presence with your client/your brand ambassador
- Develop a CRM system that monitors the information you need to get while building and maintaining the client relationship. Align your CRM system with your client marketing and sales objectives, delivery of excellence for money (value) and top quality service and follow up.
- Use YOUR existing great customer relationships to build trust, loyalty, brand presence, sell (cross or upsell-products and services that provide value for your client), remind your client that YOU care and are here to help them and those they refer to YOU. ® Irene Becker, 2012, All rights reservedMore Business Back to Basics? You Betcha
- Consulting SuccessTips from Seth Godin
- Building a Business Model That Works
- Finding New Sources of Profitable Growth
- A Great Team is the Sum of Its Parts-Courageous Teambuilding
First woman CEO of a steel company in Canada, Irene Becker has a track record of trailblazing accomplishments in business and in the community at large. An insightful and inspiring executive coach, mentor, speaker and writer, Irene helps clients achieve breakthrough results in their communication, leadership and lives. Passionate about the integrity of her work and its ability to help change-makers LEAD change, Irene helps smart people and organizations develop 3Q Leadership™ and effective verbal, written and social communication that builds reach, resonance and results. Irene welcomes your emails at firstname.lastname@example.org and tweets at @justcoachit.