© Irene Becker, www.justcoachit.com
• What are my financial and personal criteria for my next position?
• What are my short term and long term goals?
• What are my motivating skills, interests and values?
• What new learning do I want to acquire?
• Which work environments and roles most suit me?
Exploring This Information
• Have I listed my work role and work environment preferences and my
reasons for them?
• Are these preferences compatible with my lifestyle needs?
• What are my greatest career strengths?
• What perceived barriers/constraints am I facing at this point?
• What work-life/career options are available to me?
• What do I really want to achieve?
Career Self Assessment, Page 2, www.justcoachit.com
• What do I need now?
• How should I market myself? (i.e. what marketing tools do I need:
bio, resume, proposal, cover letters)
• Do my interviewing and negotiating skills need improving?
• Would I benefit from an assessment of career strengths, emotional
intelligence, communication, stress, resiliency,
personality/behaviour, leadership strengths?
• Will I benefit from coaching support after I take my next position?
Auditing My Career Path
• Have my career expectations been met in the past?
• What have been the results and benefits to me?
• What have been my greatest accomplishments?
• What have been my greatest challenges?
• I learned about myself?
Irene Becker, www.justcoachit.com
Helping Smart People Work, Lead,Communicate Smarter and Happier in High Stress, High Change Environments