Agile Management and Leadership Toolkit
7 Important Steps | 7 Important Questions
And…. 9 Bonus Links
Seven Important Steps
1. Understand the critical importance of developing a Community of Purpose. Success will not be achieved alone; you need clients, constituents, stakeholders, direct reports and the social/digital influence/footprint that will help you, help your organization manage, lead and succeed forward Click for more info on leadership and C of P
2. Develop Greater Self Awareness Your community of purpose starts with the self-awareness that helps YOU lead forward at the speed of change, in the face of challenges. Your ability to find new ways, better ways to R-E-A-C-H (redirect, empower, actualize, communicate and harvest results) in yourself is the starting point, the pivotal determinant for your ability to inspire and engage the best in others. Click for a short video explaining the importance of reach
3. Increase your emotional intelligence, build the self-awareness, awareness of others, emotional mastery and resilience that is critical to effective management, leadership and wellbeing. Learning about EQ/EI is important, but it is not enough. Emotional intelligence is honed in the practice, in using challenges at hand to build each critical area of EQ/EI that will allow you to live, lead and succeed more effectively, optimize and delegate purposefully and build the communication and strong relationships that are critical to success. Click here to self test your EQ
4. Embrace and nurture your strengths. Get in focus with what you do brilliantly, with your areas of excellence. Know what you do best, and use every challenge you face to engage and build you’re your intrinsic and learned strengths. Choose team members who have different strengths that give the sum total of your efforts more power. Team members whose values, integrity and dedication mirror yours but whose intrinsic and learned strengths are different and complimentary to your own.
5. Embrace and nurture your challenges in a new and different way that takes YOU and those you lead forward. Develop a new and different relationship with changes, stressors, difficult people/situations that will help YOU Fail Forward faster and better. Your ability to reset default patterns is the coachable moment. It takes awareness; it takes practice and consistent small positive steps or changes in perspective and behavior that will have a formidable impact. The solution is often found in the midst of our greatest problem, challenge or stressors; seeing the solution means using your challenges, stressors in new ways that optimize your intelligence (IQ) your emotional mastery (EQ) and the alignment with your highest purpose and values (SQ).
6. Develop your coaching skills. Learn how to effectively coach others. Develop the coaching skills that can help you help others to optimize their potential, communication and results when the going gets tough by helping others R-E-A-C-H (redirect focus, empower, actualize potential, communicate effectively, harvest results). Understand what motivates, engages and drives results. Apply systems theory, because even one small consistent positive change will impact the whole system in ways that can be pivotal and transformational.
7. Build your verbal, written and social/digital communication skills and strengths. Develop new ways, better ways of communicating verbally, emotionally, digitally/socially that bring out the best in others and give clarity to the message you want others to embrace. Realize that it is not what you say that matters; rather it is how want you say is internalized or accepted by the recipient(s). The ability to transcend the emotional filters, cultural and emotional filters of others is real, and it starts when you are not only more self-aware, but trained and attuned to communicating with others in a way that entrenches the right message, maximum engagement and results.
Seven Important Questions
1. What are the significant motivators/drivers in my career life?
2. What is the end game, the purpose for my job, my career? What do I really want to accomplish in the next two years and how will that fit into my game plan?
3. What do I need to do to develop my Community of Purpose? What actions can I take to build a strong Community of Purpose?
4. What skills, knowledge and experience, and behaviors do I need build to achieve my goals?
5. What steps do I need to take to gain greater influence, engagement, better results?
6. What actions (which of the above seven steps) I am going to take now to achieve my goals?
7. What small but significant change in thinking or doing can I make today that will positively impact my ability to inspire the best in myself and/or others?
More on Agile Management and Leadership? You Betcha!
The Thriving Organization-10 Powerful Steps Out of Jurassic Park
Building an Agile Self and Team
The Leadership Compendium
A Great Team is the Sum of Its Parts
Great Read Review & Excerpts:
Full Steam Ahead by Jesse Lyn Stoner and Ken Blanchard
The Power of Communication by Helio Fred Garcia
Business at the Speed of Now by John M Bernard
Managing with a Conscience by Frank Sonnenberg
Is it time to REACH- Redirect-empower-actualize-communicate and harvest YOUR potential to lead forward? Get Executive Coaching, Training that Sticks? Enjoy an insightful and inspiring keynote? Just Coach It. Helping smart people and organizations lead and communicate forward smarter, faster and happier is what my work is all about. Discover Executive Coaching, Consulting, Keynotes and Workshops with as 3Q Edge™
Irene Becker, Chief Success Officer, Just Coach It-The 3Q Edge™ Toronto and Virtually Everywhere | Face-Face, By Tel, Skype or Video Conferencing www.justcoachit.com
Twitter @justcoachit Skype: beckerirene Tel: 1-416-671-4726 Email: irene@justcoachitcom