Five Ways to Communicate & Lead Forward
Five Ways to Communicate and Lead Forward
Stop Making Change Hard-Embrace it, empower it, USE it!
Build Your Ability To R-E-A-C-H | Build Your 3Q Edge!
© Irene Becker | www.justcoachit.com | 3Q Leadership™ Blog – Reach-Resonance-Results
Helping smart people and organizations communicate and lead forward smarter, faster and happier is what I do best
Stop making change hard by developing R-E-A-C-H. Stop saying that change is hard, stop using words, thinking thoughts that entrench default patterns (or the default pattern of most people) around rejecting change. Alter your vocabulary, modify your self-talk. Whether you need to make a behavioral change or you are facing a tough assignment that requires you to think and act differently; the only way to embrace and use change is to STOP focusing on what is hard ( i.e. change) by focusing on what you can do now to communicate and LEAD forward. Stop making change hard. Develop YOUR ability to R-E-A-C-H
1. Redirect your focus. Learn to see the changes you face with new eyes. Old school: problem focus, change management. New school: Solution focus, transform changes into levers for ideation, empowerment, collaboration and results. At a time when ADD is rampant, leading forward means honing your ability to focus faster and better on what counts because it will help you and members of your team learn and lead forward.
2. Empower yourself and others. You cannot make a fire with wet wood. Stop focusing on the change you need to make, focus on the end game, the objective, the caveat that will make changing what you think or do worthwhile. Focus on the benefit of the change you will make, not on having to change behavior, way of thinking or doing. What you focus on grows. Focus on the solution by developing strategies and tools that will help you change and lead forward faster, better and with less static, strain or struggle.
3. Actualize potential by hitting the hot button. Discover your hot button-the motivator that truly propels you to action. Get self aware. Find your true hot button, use it. Help others do the same. Being a best practice leader means also being a best practice coach who can learn-teach/coach and empower others. Actualizing potential at the speed of change, in the face of challenges is critical for you and for members of your team. Learn-Do-Teach-Lead
4. Communicate with empathy and clarity. Learn and relearn communication skills that will take your verbal, digital/social, written communication to new heights of success. Discover tools that will help you reset fight or flight responses, retrain your brain to communicate more effectively at the speed of change, in the face of conflict or across diverse groups. Use communication to develop reach, resonance and results. Do not speak at others, speak to them in ways that engage and empower results.
5. Harvest results, practice hard. Practice makes perfect. Old adage, key truth. The more you practice, the more you rewrite default patterns and reset neural pathways so YOU focus on your objective, develop tools that drive positive differences in how you think, communicate and act. Celebrate each small win, each positive step forward in thinking, acting/communicating. We are not trained to celebrate the small wins in our mind’s eye and doing so is critical. You cannot harvest new and better behaviors, ways of thinking and doing without celebrating the small wins, because doing is both empowering and also empowers your brain to lead forward.
More on Agile Management and Leadership? You Betcha!
Ten Practical Ways To Build Essential Success Skills At The Speed Of Change & Complexity
The Agile Management Toolbox
Guest Post: Ten Steps to Building Employee Engagement, Switch & Shift Blog
Video on Developing R-E-A-C-H (Leadership Development)
A Great Team is the Sum of Its Parts
The Thriving Organization
Seven Ways to Turn Conflict Around
Ten Top Leadership & Communication Posts
Great Read Review & Excerpts:
Full Steam Ahead by Jesse Lyn Stoner and Ken Blanchard
The Power of Communication by Helio Fred Garcia
Business at the Speed of Now by John M Bernard
Managing with a Conscience by Frank Sonnenberg
Is it time to REACH- Redirect-empower-actualize-communicate and harvest YOUR potential to lead forward? Get Executive Coaching, Training that Sticks?
Enjoy an insightful and inspiring keynote? Just Coach It for reach, resonance, results.
Executive Coaching, Consulting, Keynotes and Workshops with as 3Q Edge™
Irene Becker, Chief Success Officer, Just Coach It–The 3Q Edge™| Reach-Resonance-Results
Toronto and Virtually Everywhere | Face-Face, By Tel, Skype or Video Conferencing www.justcoachit.com Tel: 1-416-671-4726 Email: irene@justcoachitcom
Twitter @justcoachit Skype: beckerirene
@justcoachit # 4 Canada, #486 English #1247 Globally Most Recommended on Twitter