Are You Running on Empty?
Are you running on empty? Take this free quiz, enjoy this post AND…
Refuel! Scroll down for a our best practical tips and cool tools
Leadership, Personal, Talent Management, Career Transition and Inspirational Articles with a 3Q Edge™
Now, as you read these words someone you lead, work for or love is running on empty. Are you running on empty? Are your people running on empty? Increasingly stressful work environments, heavy work loads and dwindling resources, cynicism and negativity from coworkers adds fuel to the job dissatisfaction, frustration and negativity that destroys our greatest purpose and potential from inside out.
Is your work environment becoming increasingly stressful or frustrating? Is negativity creeping or invading your thoughts and impacting your actions? Do you have difficulty reflecting upon your day and finding rewarding, meaningful experiences that made you feel on purpose? Are you questioning your career or life? Do you get up in the morning with an increasing feeling of dread or stress? Are you doing ‘just enough’ at work and life to get by, hoping that the next “miracle” course or turn of events will bring hope and positive change?
If you answered yes to one of the aforementioned questions, you are not alone. Studies tell us that if you are not running on empty, someone you know, lead, work for or love is. The World Health Organization forecasts that stress will be the major cause of physical disability in the world by 2030, and depression the most common malady by 2020. These are not new forecasts, and they deserve our attention. You can only hit a target you can see, and dumbing or numbing down the rapid growth of smart, capable, great people running on empty is the path to ultimate dismay and defeat. The engine of economic and social survival and growth in this century is not controlling the mode of production, but actualizing human purpose and potential to think better, communicate/collaborate better and stoke the fire of meaning and purpose that will keep us moving forward at the speed of change, in the face of challenges, stressors even failures.
Signs of Running on Empty
Reduced ability to feel sympathy and empathy
Anger and irritability
Increased use of alcohol and drugs
Dread of working with certain clients
Diminished sense of enjoyment of career
Heightened anxiety or irrational fears
Hypersensitivity or insensitivity to emotional material
Difficulty separating work life from personal life
Absenteeism – missing work, taking many sick days
Presenteeism-being at work but not really contributing.
Problems with intimacy and in personal relationships
Changes in sleeping and/or eating patterns
Where do you stand? Take a free 5 minute self test of your life and career
What is the most important challenge you face?
Think about it, reflect upon it and decide whether your greatest challenge is other people, or yourself. Do you need to change or shift a way of thinking, communicating or doing so that you can inspire yourself and others? Is it time to start now to build a new skill set, a 3Q skill set that will help you think and lead smarter; feel and do better? Are you ready to fight negativity, fight depression, fight frustration by filling your tank?
Seize the day. Make a critical shift forward by recognizing and actualizing your power to be the difference and to make a difference. I remain committed and dedicated to helping as many people as I can shift forward by learning to recognize and actualize strengths while transforming challenges into a lever for their greatest potential, happiness and success; their 3Q Edge™ Download Your Free E-book, Leading and Succeeding in Disruptive Times-A 3Q Primer
Tips and Tools to Refuel! Best of the Blog!
Sharing the top five articles (multiple topics) on 3Q Leadership Blog that have had thousands of reads. Pick a topic or title that speaks to you and know that I would appreciate hearing from you and knowing what you liked about the post, or what you would like to learn more about.
Top Five Cool Tools ( Tools that take 5 min or less)
- The Pause-A simple, powerful transformative exercise
- 100 Stressbusters
- The 18 Word Success Formula
- Too Busy to Get Happy? Think Again. 4 Ways to Kick-start Happiness
- Recharge and Repower in 3 Minutes or Less
Top Five Inspirational Posts
- Turn Negativity Around: 3 Simple-Practical-Powerful Ways To Reset The Internal GPS
- Re-focus, Re-Purpose, Re-Power
- Our Greatest Hope: New Edition
- The Secret to Peace & Prosperity-A Very Short, Passionate, Purposeful Allegory about Life & Leadership
- “Extraordinary Women” Web TV Interview First Woman CEO and Conquering Life and Leadership Challenges
Top Five Leadership Posts
- Ten Ways to Build Great Leadership in Turbulent Times
- 3Q Leadership Benefits AND Why I Have Dedicated My Life To This Work
- 10 Ways Lead Forward In Times Of Complexity & Change
- Women & Leadership: Ten Critical Steps Forward (for women & men)
Top Five Personal Development Posts
- The Secret to Success>>Failing Forward-Mastering A Critical Life & Leadership Skill
- Constructive Discontent- Building a Critical Life and Leadership Skill
- Ten Ways LEAD and SUCCEED In Times Of Complexity And Change-New Edition
- The Pause-3 Minute Exercise-Simple, Powerful, Transformative
- Happiness & Success In The Face of Change And Challenges
Top Five Posts-Misc. Catgories
- Five Steps to Successful Career Transition
- What is the DNA of Business Success in Disruptive Times? 7 Insights
- Win the Race with Wolves: Live, Learn and Lead Forward 10 Steps
- Seven Ways to Turn Conflict-Communication Problems Around
- Leadership Means Doing Good In the World
Top Five Talent Management Posts
- Men & Women Leading Forward-3Q Leadership in 10 Steps
- Leadership Means Winning The Silent War Destroying People & Organizations From Inside Out
- Is there something constructive about discontent? You Betcha! 10 Tips & 10 Posts!
- Possibility Thinking, Doing & Results (Part 1 of 2)
- The Thriving Organization-Ten Power Steps Out Of Jurassic Park
Do you want to get motivated and inspired? Transform a people-centric leadership, business development, communication or career challenge into an advantage? Build sticky coaching, training and mentoring initiatives? We are here to help you lead, communicate and succeed forward in disruptive times; face to face, by telephone, skype or video conferencing. Call (416)-671-4726 Skype: beckerirene