Get Happier Tip Sheet-7 Simple but Important Steps
1. Focus on the positive NOW, and in so doing retrain yourself to develop a attitude of gratitude no matter what. Restart now by noticing the small miracles that surround you. Pay attention, see the miracle of life and watch miracles grow.
2. Get Flexible. Remember a strong tree bends to a strong wind but it never breaks. Angry, frustrated, scared? Your reptilian brain, your amygdala has a 5 second window, an automatic trigger that will put you into fight of flight mode when upset. Take five seconds to reset. Focus on only the positive for five seconds and watch your negative emotions lose their power.
3. Learn to love and appreciate your mistakes. The world has changed. In order to succeed we all need to fail forward faster and more than ever before. Commit to seeing your failures with new eyes. Eyes that help you see the positive lesson. Remember the greatest lessons we can learn, the most important insights we will have are often hidden in our failures.
4. Get rid of the “GOO” (“good opinion of others”) and focus on your inner voice, inner wisdom and joy. Focus on all that makes you unique and special. Be grateful for your strengths and attributes. Savor them, enjoy them! KNOW WHAT MAKES YOU TRULY HAPPY and share this with someone you care about.
5. Keep your dreams alive. Dream without self-conciousness, dream loudly, dream boldly…do not let your dreams gather dust. Happiness starts from inside out! Take time each day to stop doing and to start dancing with your dreams.
6. Create your own personal mantra; use it to ignite the passion, purpose, potential and happiness inside. Choose words which make your heart, mind and soul sing with joy. Repeat these words to yourself on a daily basis, or post them on a post it note on your bathroom mirror.
7. Give and share something every day. Relationships are the flowers of our personal and professional growth and success. Fertilize and water your flowers daily. Share happiness with someone else every day!
Remember, there are no ordinary moments. Life is a gift only you can choose to use or spend.
Is it time to REACH- Redirect-empower-actualize-communicate and harvest YOUR potential to lead forward?
Get Executive Coaching, Training that Sticks? Enjoy an insightful and inspiring keynote?
Just Coach It. Discover Executive Coaching, Consulting, Keynotes and Workshops with as 3Q Edge™
Irene Becker, Chief Success Officer, Just Coach It-The 3Q Edge™ Toronto and Virtually Everywhere | Face to Face, By Tel, Skype or Video Conferencing
www.justcoachit.com Twitter @justcoachit Skype: beckerirene Tel: 1-416-671-4726 Email: irene@justcoachitcom