Performance Optimization and Business Success in Disruptive Times | 2 Practical, Evidence Based Tips
(Including Over 700 bonus articles and links!)
Hugh McCleod is spot on. “Business as usual is an oxymoron.” Optimizing performance and achieving business success in disruptive times means embracing a new mindset and skill set that takes us forward faster and better. Here are two practical evidence based tips on leading forward in disruptive times:
Tip 1. Adapt or die. Stop playing to strengths alone, because it is no longer enough. You can optimize your ability to work faster, but unless you are also building cognitive and emotional adaptability, communication/collaboration and the sense of purpose, mission and grit that drives your best self, best work and best leadership when the chips are down, you will hit a wall because the chips are flying all over the place. Change is the greatest constant we face. Flying chips are the new normal. Embracing our ability to optimize strengths while also using changes as a lever for our great potential is what building YOUR 3Q Edge™ is all about.
Evidence: A recent research study on corporate culture and the fastest growing companies concludes that adaptive cultures contain transformative medicine for most companies, no matter what the industry. Charles O’Reilly, Jennifer A. Chatman, Bernadette Doerr, University of California, Berkeley and David F. Caldwell Santa Clara University, Journal of Organizational Behavior August 2014
Tip 2. Develop a growth mindset, become a possibility thinker and doer. Build your 3Q Edge™ because your ability to rewrite neural pathways, to develop NEW ways of thinking, communicating and doing that take you forward faster and better is real. Bonus, learning to fail forward, to see failures differently is both empowering and also an important lever for your greatest potential, adaptability and creativity.
Evidence: The Effort Effect-You Will Reach New Heights If You Learn to Tumble, Carol Dweck, Stanford University Magazine, October 2012
Get inspired by what YOU can do, accomplish and achieve. The imperative to get re-inspired by what we can do and achieve at a speed of change and hyper competition is CRITICAL. Organizations that survive will be companies who have the courage, the foresight to step out of the comfort zone and use what is to create what can be. Leadership is a 3Q equation. Build it, grow it, champion it because change is NOT the problem, it’s the solution.
More? YOU Betcha! Over 700 bonus links to articles, practical tips and infographics
- Possibility Thinking, Doing and Results: A Matrix of 3Q Edge Strengths for Results That Take YOU Forward Faster and Better (Cognitive, Emotional Adaptability, Enhanced Communication, Collaboration and Success in Disruptive Times)
- How to Build 5 Benchmarks of 21st Century Leadership and Success | REACH™ coaching/training methodology. Simple, powerful, practical.
- 3Q Leadership/REACH Benefits and Why I Have Dedicated My Life to This Work
- The DNA of Business Success in Disruptive Times
- Using Failure to Succeed (#1 article, Elysian Training UK, 2013)
- Ten Ways to Build Great Leadership in Turbulent Times ( #1 article, Elysian Training UK, 2014)
- The Thriving Organization: Ten Powerful Steps Out of Jurassic Park
- Growth or Fixed Mindset-Which One Are YOU (Including excellent infographic by Nigel Holmes based on the work of Carol Dweck) | Michael Graham Richard’s Blog
- Leading and Succeeding in Disruptive Times-A 3Q Edge™ Primer eBook
- More than 300 Posts on Business at the Speed of Change
- More than 400 Posts on on Great Leadership and 3Q Leadership
Anything else? YES. Our new website with expanded programs and services for individuals, organizations and emerging leaders debuts this November. Stay Tuned!
Leadership, Communication, Career and Talent Optimization in Disruptive Times
Executive Coaching, Consulting, Training & Keynotes with a 3Q Edge™
Call: 1 (416) 671-4726 Skype beckerirene Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @justcoachit